You can message Support Pros to request 'Meet & Greets'.
This is a complimentary (unpaid) opportunity to get to know each other.
It's a perfect chance to share info, get to know each other and see if you get along.
Request Meet & Greets
In the Kynd app:
- Go to the Support tab
- Click on the Support Pros you want to organise a 'Meet & Greet' with
- Click on the Message button
- Write a message to introduce yourself and ask about setting up a 'Meet & Greet'
You can then send / receive chat messages in the App with them.
Before any 'Meet & Greet' we highly recommend:
- asking more questions
- including about your specific needs via chat messages
This will help ensure it's worth you both investing time to learn more.
Good questions include:
- Do you have experience with this support?
- What exact days / times are you available?
- I need help with X-Y-Z. Can you assist that?
This helps you understand a Support Pro's needs also.
If you learn that they won't be the right person, you're able to politely cancel the 'Meet & Greet' - and save you both time (if it's not a good fit).
Successful Meet & Greets
Here are our tips for successful Meet & Greets:
- Always arrive on time
- If preferable and simpler for you, you can meet in a public place
- Meet & Greets aren't meant to be too formal, Relax and share info
- Prepare questions to ask. What's important to find out?
Your goal is to find out if they're a good fit for you and vice-versa.
Good things to share about yourself in Meet & Greets are:
- "The specific goals I'm working towards are..."
- "Here's what a typical / normal day looks like..."
- "Here's what a bad day and visit might be like..."
- Things that worked well or didn't in the past
- Any safety issue a Support Worker must know
Good questions for the 'Meet & Greet' include:
- How could you assist my specific goals?
- Do you have experience with skill X-Y-Z?
- Are you open to training that we'll offer?
- What exact days and times are you free?
- Could we setup a simple ongoing roster?
- "Do you have any questions for me?"
- "Do you think we'd be a good fit for each other?"
- "Would you be interested in setting up some visits?"
It's also worth discussing their hourly rates and to find a mutual agreement.
You might wish to shares your ideas on days / nights and different 'roster' rates.
e.g. Mon-Fri, Sat, Sun, Public Holidays.
You aren't able to try to setup extra 'free' Meet & Greets with Support Pros.
Any extra meetings, interviews or trainings need to be setup as bookings.
After the Meet & Greet
It's easy to add one-off or repeating bookings in the App.
Then you're on your way - congrats!