We take active measures to protect your safety, privacy and information.
As a Member / Participant, you also have control over who sees your info.
You control who you choose for any support and any services you request.
Here are a few ways that we help ensure safety, privacy and information!
If you don't contact Support Pros, your information will never be shared.
When you do, info will be shared 'in stages', based on what Support Pros need to know.
Here are ways you can contact Support Pros and how your info is shared:
- - - - -
Searching > If you never contact any Support Pros, they won't see any info.
Messages > If sending a message, people see 'First Name Surname Initial'.
(eg. Sandra F.)
Job Posts > You get to preview the basic info shared (before posting a job).
Requests > If sending a booking request, Support Pros will see the below:
- Member Firstname, Surname Initial (eg. Sandra F.)
- Participant Firstname, Surname Initial (eg. Amanda F.)
- Participant Gender and Age (but never Date of Birth)
- Suburb / State of support location (eg. Tugun, QLD)
- If a Support Pro accepts a booking request, they'll see the full address
- For support bookings in the past, the system only shows Suburb/State
Photos > To help create trust, all Members and Support Pros need photos.
(adding a profile photo for Participants is optional, but helps create trust)
- We also never display Date of Birth or Surnames for anyone on Kynd.
- If you have any questions, just give our team a call on 07 5559 6532.
Each Support Pro passes a verification process. This includes:
- Review of their Profiles
- Safety & Identity Checks (review of Government IDs and ABNs)
- Police Certificate (a National Police Check with no disclosures)
You're able to view Support Pros and learn more about them first.
This shares their personal bio, experience, services and more info.
It's your chance to understand if they might suit you or Participants.
When choosing a Support Pro using Kynd, you're 100% in control.
- You can set up a free 'Meet & Greet' to discuss and set expectations.
- You can choose someone you like and trust. It's entirely your choice.
- If you're ever not 100% happy, you could cancel support with them.
- Unlike agencies and providers, you will never have a stranger arrive.
Meet & Greet
We suggest messaging Support Pros any key questions before 'Meet & Greets'.
We then recommend a free 'Meet & Greet' first, especially for ongoing support.
- Normally 30 to 60 minutes to discuss your mutual needs
- Learn more about each other and talk rates and schedules
- Ensure your home / environment is safe for Support Pros
- You're welcome to ask to check a Support Pro's certificates
- If more comfortable, you could meet in a public location
With bookings in Kynd, you'll have accurate records and see all support booking details
You're able to send messages via Kynd, so you don't have to share personal numbers.
Kynd is a cashless solution.
You or a Plan Manager receive invoices once bookings are approved. Never pay a Support Worker cash or transfer money outside the platform. Keep your data secure.
Kynd includes insurance cover for Support Workers. For info, search this Help Centre.